Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's been a busy week!

Hello friends!! I have been busy since I last posted so I have some things to share with you.

Got some candle mats stitched up...the designs are both by Dianne Cook of Olde-time-stitchin.com. They of course have been dipped in a coffee stain and are darker than the pictures shows.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Since we finally got some nice weather, I was able to get some staining done and get it hung up outside to dry. Hobby Lobby had some fabric a couple of months ago that looks like a top of a quilt. I bought a yard of it and stained it up...looks great. I'll finish the edges of and then hang it. Also got a bunch of muslin stained up too.
Photobucket

Last Friday, the Estate Dispersal store was open so of course I had to make my rounds. Also went to Goodwill and to a couple of garage sales.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This spindle is big! The other wood thing was labeled as a money drawer...I think I will use it for my jewelry so I can get my jewelry amoire out of here.
Photobucket

I also had my neighbor make me up a hanging candle dryer the other day. Looks great, I just gotta stain it and hang it. The tutorial was on The Pickled Pepper Patch blog. Don't have a picture of it yet.

Have been doing a lot of work outside also since it's been nice. I have to curb my spending as my hubby warned me that if I want to go somewhere for vacation that I better start saving instead of spending so I guess my trips to Goodwill and garage saling will be quite limited. (darn)!!

I did buy a program the other day for the computer, I'm gonna try and start designing some of my own cross stitch designs. We will see how that goes...lol!!

Ok, need to get off of here and get busy. You all have a wonderful weekend!!
Oh, I also wanted to say thank you to all my new followers and to all of my old ones for the great comments you all have been leaving me! I appreciate it! Great friends!!


11 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Look at all the goodies! Your candle mats are lovely! And your GW finds are great too. I just bought one of those little red shelves at our GW last week. That scale is great too!
Have a great day!
Carmen

Sheila said...

You found some really nice treasures while out and about! I know what you mean about curbing the spending at the TS/yard sales-it will be hard for me to do as well! The candle mats are great!
Happy crafting~

At Home With Amy said...

My first post didn't go thru. Wonder what was up with that. Anyway, you did a fabulous job on your candle mats. Nice score on your thrift finds. I haven't seen anything that good around where I live as of late. I think less and less people are parting with their goods.
Enjoy the sunshine,
AMY

michelle said...

wow brenda those candlemats look awesome,im gonna have to try makin some.luv them.great job.have a great weekend.god bless michelle

Lynn Barbadora said...

Love the candle mats Brenda!Great GW finds too!Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Lynn

Carmen S. said...

Hi Brenda:) You found some great treasures! I love that fabric, it really does look like a quilt without all the work:D Enjoy your weekend too;)

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Hi Brenda,
Great finds! Don't know if I could stay away from the thrift store! Good Luck!
Happy Craftin,
Tisha

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh, more great finds. Love your fabrics you stained. Lookin' good! Thank heavens for nice weather huh:)
xoxo
Carol

plain.and.primitive said...

Your fabrics look great. Cant wait to see them up. What great finds. Have a great weekend!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I am in love with those candle mats! You did a wonderful job on them! Thanks for sharing Dianne's website. I went to check it out and was shocked at the prices!! I'm gonna have to get on there and get some ordered. I'm glad she is having set specials, that is so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

I've seen that fabric at Hobby Lobby. It is very pretty in person. I thought about buying some too but when you work there-- you see all kinds of things you want to buy! =]

You found some good things! I'm trying to figure out what that wooden piece is that's in the middle in the first picture. Very interesting! That white candleholder is going to prim up very nicely.

Sounds like it would be lots of fun to make some new stitch patterns. You ought to do like Dianne and sell some e-patterns. I'm sure you can sell anything that is prim! =]

Have a great week, girl!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Haha! Your comment on my post was funny. Honestly, I thought of you when I was typing out those specials. When I saw your name, I was already laughing before I even read your comment. Lol!! I know girl! We are going on vacation in about a week and I'm trying to stay out of those stores!!

Happy Memorial weekend!