Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New handmade item for sale and Goodwill finds

I will be putting this Prim & Grungy Sunflower with crows on Etsy shortly. This is a design by Barbara Tutak. I finally got 2 of these done, they were fun to do. The sunflower is made out of checked cotton, the center and the crows are muslin. I have coffee-stained the sunflower and center several times and then I rubbed cinnamon over everything! There is an twine loop on the back for hanging.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday was a cold and rainy day, just plain dreary so what better way to spend the day than at Goodwill?? LOL! I found lots of good stuff.

I love this standing sewing basket/magazine rack??
Photobucket

Photobucket

This really neat plate holder shelf....this has a drawer also! I love the detail on it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Corner shelf unit
Photobucket

Old glass mixing bowl
Photobucket

3 colored jars
Photobucket

A hanging pencil holder and a pineapple mold
Photobucket

And finally 2 Warren Kimble Folk Art prints

Photobucket

I also got quite a bit of other stuff but mostly books to put on ebay. I also found some Halloween fabric that is really cute. Oh! I forgot to show you a picture of this set of stacking boxes that I also got at GW

Photobucket


Ok, I think that's it for today. There hasn't been much going on around here at all. The weather has just been terribly cold for June.

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

brenda~ those are some awesome finds, love the bunny picture:) Those crows with the sunflower are adorable too!!!

pammyjo said...

Great finds. Luv the sunflower and crows. Have a great rest of the week.

Jody said...

Brenda, I love your new sunflower/crow! How cute is that....
You have some terrific finds today too.love that magazine rack! My grandmother had one just like that! Thanks for the memory.
Jody

Lisa said...

What great finds!! You definitely found some goodies. Thanks for sharing.

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Nice GW findings...